Wednesday 30 March 2016

Andi's Diary Day 1 part 3

Break time was awful. The boys wouldn't let me join in the football because they said I was a girl. I went and sat in a bench by myself and watched the girls playing clapping games. I felt very lonely.
Back in class we had to work on a history project. As I was still working with the girls I had to do fashion and write about dresses and skirts, drawing pictures of them and then designing an outfit.
We were deciding between styles of skirt and blouse. I started to enjoy the work but still felt awkward in my in my dress.
At lunch Jenny and Liz called me over to sit with them. They said I was much nicer as a girl, quieter, more helpful and just, well, nicer. I blushed as I said thanks.
I had just thanked them for saying I was better as a girl than a boy!
After lunch was quiet reading. Miss Day helped me choose a suitable book. It was about girls at a boarding school and their adventures.
Afternoon break was better as I stood with Jenny and Liz and they tried to teach me a clapping game. It was much harder than it looked, but I did enjoy it.
After more maths it was home time and I completely forgot about changing and walked out the gates to meet my mum. Some of the boy's I thought were my friends pointed and laughed and jeered. I turned to run back into school but my mum and Mrs Smart were there to stop me.
I walked home with my mum in the dress hating every step as she commented on how pretty I looked.
Back home she had a surprise for me.
A girls blouse and skirt for me to wear all evening. The blouse was pink, with short puff sleeves and the skirt was black with pleats.
Mum said it was for my own good.
I nearly cried.

No comments:

Post a Comment